Don’t sweat it, SEO is about being visible to those searching for your offering. Think of it like a high-vis jacket we wrap around your words.
When we do that, your copy should be doing this:
- Attracting clients
- Answering their search queries
- Demonstrating your expertise
- Wowing them with engaging content
- Making them take action
Where does SEO come in?
Here’s how SEO applies in terms of content writing:
- Industry research
- Ideal client/niche assessment
- Client-centric, purpose-driven copy
- Pain point assessment and solution
- Meta tag optimisation
- Permalink optimisation
Keywords and long-tail keywords (LTKs)
Getting organic hits on broad, competitive keywords is tough because everyone has the same idea.
Figuring out your LTKs – detailed phrases that describe exactly what you do, or what you sell will allow you to narrow your target area to those seeking what you’re offering. The market will be smaller but the likelihood of those terms converting will be greater.
Here are the types of SEO I dabble with:
- Content SEO: words on site pages
- Technical SEO: permalink structures and meta tags
- On-page SEO: content formatting
- Off-page SEO: promoting elsewhere online