Don’t sweat it, SEO is about being visible to those searching for your services – think of it like a high-vis jacket we wrap around your words.
When we do that, your copy should be doing this:
- Attracting clients
- Answering their search queries
- Demonstrating your expertise
- Wowing them with engaging content
- Making them take action
Where does SEO come in?
Brilliant writing is, in part, SEO-optimised but SEO content writing involves the following:
- Industry research (your business and your competitors)
- Ideal client search behaviours
- Client-centric copy
- Pain point assessment
- Pain point solution
- Guide the client towards a destination
Keywords and long-tail keywords (LTKs)
Targeting broad, competitive keywords won’t give you much organic traffic. Figuring out your LTKs – detailed phrases that describe exactly what you do, or what you sell will allow you to narrow your target area to those seeking what you’re offering.
I do all this in these areas of SEO:
- Content SEO – specifically, words on site pages
- Technical SEO – permalink structures and meta tags
- On-page SEO – headings, subheadings and text formatting
Keep in mind that SEO is forever and it takes time.